Mark Wakefield, Americas Automotive Group, AlixPartners; Joe Vitale, Global Auto Leader, Deloitte; John Sousanis, Managing Director, Penton/WardsAuto. Topic: Global car sales.
Anyone who lives in America has undoubtedly noticed that cars have been flying off dealer lots. New, Used, Pre-Owned…whatever the type, the numbers are staggering. But is it just a one country story? How are sales in some of the other great economies of the world? On Autoline THIS WEEK John McElroy and three global auto analysts look at sales from the four corners of the world to see if this has been just a one country recovery.
UP FOR DISCUSSION:
-The Lincoln MKZ
-Ford’s new Escape
-All-new FIAT 124 Spider
-2017 Buick LaCrosse
-And many, many more reveals from the 2015 LA Auto Show
Guests: Kumar Galhotra, VP, Ford Motor Company & President of Lincoln; Milton Wong, Chief Engineer, Ford Escape; Bob Broderdorf, Director of FIAT Brand North America; Tony DiSalle, VP, Buick/GMC Marketing
All that and much more with John McElroy, Autoline.tv; Gary Vasilash, Automotive Design & Production; and Anton Wahlman, SeekingAlpha.com/TheStreet.com
- Ford/UAW Agreement in Jeopardy
- Volvo Tests Emergency Braking System
- Buick Debuts All-New LaCrosse
- Subaru Hints at Its Design Future
- Scion Getting Wild-Looking Crossover
- Mazda Develops New CX-9 for North America
- Fiat + Miata = New 124 Spider
- New Lincoln MKZ Gets Continental Grille
- Honda Shows Production Civic Coupe
- HondaJet to Take Flight Soon
- Autonomous Audi RS 7 Tears Up the Racetrack
- Automated Parking Could Reduce City Congestion
- Toyota Adds Hybrid to RAV4 Lineup
- Driving Impressions: New Toyota Prius
- Toyota Wants 400,000 RAV4 Sales
- Ford Refreshes the Escape
- New Beetle Variants Inspired by Classic Bugs
- Audi Offers Same Goodwill Package
- GMC Canyon Gets the Denali Treatment
- Sierra Denali Taken to the Next Level
- Barn Find: It’s a Packard!
- Detroit 3 Back to Pre-Recession Build #’s
- October Production Record Set
- Jaguar Makes New E-type Body Panels
- Jaguar Supercar Concept Makes Public Debut
- Kia Announces All-New Hybrid SUV
- Kia Invests Big Into Autonomous Tech.
Alan Korn is the Director Vehicle Dynamics & Control at Meritor WABCO. He talks with John McElroy about where the trucking industry is right now in regards to automation and where it will be in the next 5 to 10 years. While some technologies are available now, Korn thinks we’ll see a gradual evolution of technology being employed.