NEWS: 01:11 – Automotive Sculpting 38:35 – Dr. Data 44:35 - Will Waymo make the Pacifica the real Taxi of tomorrow? 55:38 – Automakers push performance cars and automated EVs: schizophrenic or market savvy? 59:05 – Flying cars: flights of fancy? 1:03:45 – Acura TLX
SPECIAL GUEST: Don Tocco, Author & Artist
PANEL: John McElroy, Autoline.tv; Gary Vasilash, Automotive Design & Production; Henry Payne, The Detroit News
Robert Hampshire, UMTRI; Jessica Robinson, Director, City Solutions at Ford; Kevin Layden, Director, Electrified Powertrain Engineering at Ford. Topic: City of Tomorrow.
It’s not just urban planners who are looking at the layout of the city of tomorrow. It’s also companies like Ford. On today’s show, two futurists from the Ford Motor Company are joined by a University of Michigan engineer to explain how they are working together to make sure the transportation fits the future urban landscape.
- More Emission Cheating Accusations
- Germany Fights Stricter Emission Tests
- Why U.S. Sales Are Falling
- It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, It’s a…Flying Taxi?
- Consumer Reports Downgrades Tesla
- GM Calls for Standard High Octane Gas
- Junior Announces Retirement
- Waymo Expands, Buys More Pacifica Hybrids
- Designworks Creates Shell Hydrogen Station of the Future
- Toyota Says Wild FT-4X Concept Nearly Production Ready
- Nissan Creates New Unit to Expand NISMO
- First Quarter Mid-Size Truck Sales in the U.S.
- EV Startup Working on Off-Road SUV
- North American Production Boosted
- VW Sentenced to Three Years Probation
- Delphi Develops Aftermarket OTA Updates
- New Innovation Allows Ford to Recycle Aluminum
- Why Buick Thinks Customers Will Pay More
NEWS: 02:38 – 2018 Buick Enclave 28:56 – Doctor Data 32:12 – AAA Study on Electric Vehicles 40:30 – Volvo to begin building first EV in China 48:10 – Dodge Demon & “The Fate of The Furious” 54:05 – GM adds 1,100 people in San Fran for Cruise Automation