- Mercedes Outsources R-Class Production
- GoPro Mount Standard on New Tacoma
- Plans for a New Mitsubishi Sedan Stall
- Acura Hits 2 Million Milestone In U.S.
- Detroit Automakers Fight Currency Manipulation
- Who Saves More Fuel?
- Big Money Big Into the Auto Industry
- TI Automotive Acquired by Investment Firm
- January Car Sales Expected to Thaw
- Toyota to Help Produce Mini Mini
- New F-150 Raptor Will Pack More Punch
- You Said It!
Steven Szakaly is the Chief Economist for the NADA. He talks with John McElroy about his forecast for automotive sales over the next few years including when the next downturn is likely to happen. He also weighs in on controversial long-term car loans and explains why they aren’t a problem. Additionally, he comments on the effect of gas prices on sales, millennial trends and perfecting OEM-dealer collaboration in online marketing.
Steve Lind is the President of Kelley Blue Book. He talks with John McElroy about what makes the brand as cutting edge as ever while preparing to celebrate 90 years in the business. Lind comments on pricing transparency as well as KBB’s ability to help dealers communicate with customers based on their personalized shopping patterns.
Rob Kurnick is the President of Penske Automotive. He talks with John McElroy about the company’s outlook for 2015, the state of OEM-dealer relations and how to make better use of the customer’s time in the dealership.
- Honda Dumps Takata for New Accord
- Automakers Agree to Remove Copper from Brakes
- Detroit Carmakers Shine at 24 Hours of Daytona
- New Study Says Millenials Like Driving
- Elon Musk Appears On ‘The Simpsons’
- Dealers Look To Cut Car Buying Time
- Manheim Creates Mobile Auctions
Steve Hill is the Vice President of Sales, Service & Marketing for General Motors. He talks with John McElroy about the company’s Shop-Click-Drive program that its dealers are using to make the car buying experience more palatable for the younger generation of drivers they want to bring into showrooms.
Jared Rowe is the President of AutoTrader. He talks with John McElroy about improving customer awareness surrounding Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. AutoTrader sees a potential 9 million certifiable vehicles re-entering the marketplace and a big opportunity for its dealer partners to earn better-than-average margins. Rowe also discusses the satisfaction gap between online and offline car shopping and potential solutions to the problem.
Sandy Schwartz is the President of Cox Automotive. He talks with John McElroy about the new company that consists of more than 20 brands whose services can be combined to provide end-to-end solutions for dealers that want to get ahead in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Schwartz explains some of the synergies that are being realized between brands like Manheim, AutoTrader and Haystak.
John Mendel is the Executive Vice President of Automotive for American Honda. He talks with John McElroy about Honda’s warning that the industry should not offer “stupid” long-term loans that hurt the customer and reflect badly on the automaker. He also explains the company’s philosophy with regard to fleet sales and says they’re focusing on making the Honda buying experience “fun.”