It’s not another SLS. The Mercedes-AMG GT goes in a new direction as the company aims to take down Porsche’s 911. Jochen Hermann, AMG R&D, explains what makes the car so different including some of the secrets engineers used to reduce the car’s weight.
- Tony DiSalle, VP, GMC Marketing
- Jeff Perkins, Exterior Design Manager, General Motors
- Jeff Luke, Executive Chief Engineer, Full-size & Mid-size Trucks, General Motors
- Anita Burke, Chief Engineer, Mid-size Trucks, General Motors
- Tom Wilkinson, Chevrolet Truck Communications
All that and much more with John McElroy, Autoline.tv; Ken Gross, Playboy; Frank Aukofer, Freelance Automotive Columnist.
UP FOR DISCUSSION:
- How come Nissan’s Carlos Ghosn’s direct reports are leaving left and right?
- Is the “The Hydrogen Transition” on the horizon?
- Are down-market luxury cars stealing sales from mass-market brands?
All that and much more with John McElroy, Autoline.tv; Gary Vasilash, Automotive Design & Production; Dave Sullivan, AutoPacific and Joe White, The Wall Street Journal.
Get ready for a special webcast from the site of the biggest one-day automotive event in the world! Once again we’ll be back on the curb and ready to ogle the classics cruising up and down Michigan’s most famous avenue, Woodward. This year we’re welcoming a bevy of guests including Tricia Hecker, Director of Mopar Marketing; Jim Hall, automotive analyst; Richard Cox, Director of Dodge and SRT; Richard Rawlings, star of Discovery Channel’s “Fast N’ Loud”; Mark Phelan, critic for the Detroit Free Press; and Steve Pasteiner, classic car expert and former designer.
CAR Chief Economist Sean McAlinden reports that we’ll see at least 40 million Chinese vehicles produced a year by the end of the decade, and the nation’s energy policy, not environment, will drive the types of vehicles built.